Funny Road Trip

Hello Scottish Lover!!
I'm back!! The article of the day will be a small guide to make a road trip following the tracks of the most famous films made in Scotland and the most famous legends.

Scotland is a very visited nation that attracts many tourists and for good reason in addition to being a beautiful country, it has hosted many directors and actors to shoot series or films in this magical setting. It is therefore not surprising that Scotland pleases many people because all fans who respect themselves like to wander in the footsteps of series or movies he has followed. Not to mention that it is filled with legends as fascinating as the others that you can also visit.





Below are the biggest hits from films or series made in Scotland and suggestions of routes you can make to retrace the journey of your favorite heroes:









And here are the legends to visit:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "monstre loch ness"
Loch ness monster 
*Loch ness: the legend says that a strange creature, a kind of giant dinosaur would live in the depths of the loch. There is no proof but this legend continues to persist in spite of the years which pass and that since the year 565 the Irish monk Saint Columba crossed the way of the creature. You can go into this idyllic setting and take pictures of a funny Nessi and who knows, maybe you'll see the real one! Not to mention the breathtaking scenery !!

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "mary kings close legend wee annie"
Wee Annie Ghost
*Mary King's Close: This legend is set in the old city of Edinburgh, Mary Kings' Close is an underground labyrinth of streets and vaults where stranger phenomena occur located under the city. It is said that during the black plague in 1645, the sick were quarantined in closed cellars in this underground.  One of these poor victims would be "Wee Annie", a sick girl separated from her family and crying to find her favorite doll. It is said that today her spirit would still be present and when you remain motionless in the darkness of one of these cellars you can feel her little hand or feel it pulling on one of your clothes. Will you dare go there or will you be too afraid of this spirit? 












*The monster of the GLAMIS castle: The castle had the right to several stories of vampire and paranormal phenomenon but the most known legend on this one is the following: On the night of October 21, 1821, Lord Glamis and his wife welcomed the birth of their son, whom they named Thomas. A deformed young boy who was presumed dead and hid in the castle in a secret room. Legend has it that when every heir in the county reached the age of majority, he was taken to this secret room where the terrible truth was revealed to him: a creature with almost supernatural forces without a neck, with a barrel-shaped torso and small limbs covered with hair. You can venture into the castle and try to find evidence that this legend is not one!! 

*The Kelpies: Legend has it that a dangerous creature roams the remote lochs and rivers of Scotland. This sly beast is a Kelpies, it attracts its unsuspecting victims to the water's edge for the sole purpose of drowning them without mercy. This legend was immortalized by artists, in The Helix, by two enormous sculptures
30 meters high. It is also said that to verify that this legend is true, one must go to the ruins of the castle of Vayne. Indeed, you will find in sandstone an imprint in the shape of a hoof, left by this mythical predator and if you listen you can hear his song. But will you dare approach the water? :p

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "the menhirs"
Menhirs 
*The Menhirs: widespread in all Scotland, each place has its share of mystery and its history.  The menhirs of Calanais (located on the island of Lewis) are known under the Gaelic name of Fir Bhreig, the "false men". Local legends would have you believe that they embody the petrified souls of a bygone era. On the island of Arran, it is said that it is the work of fairies while in the circle of Brodgar in Orkney, people patiently wait for the arrival of aliens and UFOs etc... Still full of history to discover on the menhirs. Discover these fabulous stories while visiting Scotland!! 




I therefore propose to you to carry out this small itinerary but you can do your own and see more thing: 




And that's the end of this new article! Hoping that you also liked it, that it made you dream and make you want to visit Scotland!

 xoxo Melou!! 





Comments

  1. How long on the spot is it necessary to spend as realizing the road-trip which you advice? I want to know how many days I must spend in every step.
    How much cost the visits?
    Thanks for your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do this road trip in a week but if you come longer you will see more things. Most museums are free and castles can range from £6 to £15. For transportation, the cost will depend on whether you travel by car or train.
      I think it's good to take a full day to Edinburgh and another day to Glagow. You can do the same day the B, C and D, another day the E, F and G and finally a last day for the H and I. There are often hikes to do in the vicinity of each of this point so I would advise you to stay one more day on each area with making beautiful adventure in this beautiful Scotland. I hope I've answered all your questions! Feel free to ask me more. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your advice! I will travel in Scotland in october, I can't wait!!

      Delete
  2. Really nice blog!! I truly recomend it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Harry Potter ! I loved all of the movies, and I would love to visit the difference places that you mention.
    Thank for this little guide, I will use it for my visit in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome Karl ! Enjoy your trip !

      Delete
  4. Thx a lot i've been a long time looking for those roads. If u could post more about it, I will notice my friends. Bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notify, apologize my english

      Delete
    2. No problem Thomas !! I will :)

      Delete
  5. I am a huge fan of Harry Potter, I have to go there and see where the movies were shoot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment