Hello Scottish Lover!!
I'm back!! The article of the day will be dedicated to Scottish food because it is important to know what to eat or taste when going to a new country. I am a food fan and Scotland is a country where you can eat very well. One can think that there will be a little varied food range and without really of flavor because one does not often speak about the culinary traditions of Scotland but one finds a gastronomy, certainly a little heavy but of a great richness and rather delicious.
*Cereal
*Scottish Pancakes
*Stovie
*Salmon
*Haddock
*Kedgeree
*Soupe
I'm back!! The article of the day will be dedicated to Scottish food because it is important to know what to eat or taste when going to a new country. I am a food fan and Scotland is a country where you can eat very well. One can think that there will be a little varied food range and without really of flavor because one does not often speak about the culinary traditions of Scotland but one finds a gastronomy, certainly a little heavy but of a great richness and rather delicious.
Let's go ! Here is the list and all full of photos to show you the idea of your dishes while eating there:
*Scottish breakfast: eggs (fried, scrambled or poached), bacon and sausages and sometimes a potato scone (typically Scottish). We can also offer you fried tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans (beans in sauce on toast), haddock, kippers (herring), salmon (sometimes smoked) or black pudding (fried black pudding). All accompanied by toasts on which we spread butter and marmalade.
*Lorn Sausage
*Porridge *Cereal
*Scottish Pancakes
*Haggis
*Angus beef ( Aberdeen Angus )*Stovie
*Salmon
*Haddock
*Scotch broth/Cok a leekie (broth of mutton or beef / chicken)
*Cullen skink *Kedgeree
*Soupe
*Scones
*Carrot cake
*Scottish Shortbread
*Scottish Bannock
*Dundee cake
*Scotch pie
*Butter tartlet
*Millionnaire shortbread
*Peach cobbler
*Carrot cake
*Scottish Shortbread
*Scottish Bannock
*Dundee cake
*Scotch pie
*Butter tartlet
*Millionnaire shortbread
*Peach cobbler
*Tattie scones ( potatoes )
*Cheddar
*Scotch egg
*Cheddar
*Scotch egg
I hope I will find a Scottish restaurant in Paris !! :D ;D
ReplyDeleteI hope for you too ;)
DeleteWhy do Scot eat so early in the evening? :o
ReplyDeleteI really don't know. They work like most countries in the North. The sun sets much earlier. But you should know they're eating a little soup again around 8:00. They don't snack like they do in France at 5pm.
DeleteDo you prefer french or scottish food? :P
ReplyDeleteIt's really different but as I am a cheese fan I would still say French food. and you ?
DeleteI'm fond of french food but I like tasting new flavors :)
DeleteYummyyyyy ! All of it seems amazing! I had lived in USA for 4 years. I had to get used to the American food, which is very different to the French and Scottish food. I'm very curious to try one day scottish food!
ReplyDeleteYes, it's really different but you've right it's really interresting to try new thing !! :)
DeleteTout me fait envie. L'assiette est colorée et copieuse. Celà à l air d être un régal. Une bonne gastronomie sans oublier le choix du vin et des dessert
ReplyDeleteMerci Myriam !! :)
DeleteScottish food looks so different from french food. I should definitely try one day !
ReplyDelete